Planning the project!

"First of all, I want to specify that the content of this post is not professional, just a scheme of mine and very much above."



Here we are again!


Today we are going to organize and plan a bit the stages of the design and publication of the video game.
Normally the creation of a video game is very similar to a film's one. Contains three very different general stages: Pre-production, Production and Post-production.

I will tell you a bit about how I have organized the project using them. I have also added two intermediate phases: Crowdfunding and Tests.


Preproduction

I've searched many crowdfunding campaigns and most of them have the same problem: They create a video game prototype, a trailer, a first design ... and then they simply publish it hoping that people will support them. That somebody gives you their money ... It's not easy at all!

This first stage will consist of two objectives: Promotion and Design.

Although I have put it in the first stage, the promotion will be something that I will do throughout the project, because it's about bringing this blog up to date and twitter. The objective is to get a solid base of followers before launching the campaign, to make sure that it will go well.

I also think that, later on, I could try more things: get in touch with someone important in the sector, a company, go to an event, etc ... But for this, I need first reach a minimum.

We will also make a first development of the video game. Together we will investigate this section in depth and we will do it little by little and conscientiously. For example GDD, Wireframe, Argument, Flow, etc ...
I hope it 's not only one way, I would love to hear your ideas and learn from them.
I estimate that the duration will be about 6-10 months, it depends a lot on how it grows.

When we have a first conceptual design of Tempus and a good number of followers we will begin the first intermediate phase.


Crowdfunding


The first thing will be to do a study to be able to calculate approximately the prices and the dates.
We will contact programmers, artists, composers and others and ask for information.
Once we have the first budget we will have to plan the campaign; devise rewards, make a trailer ... It will probably be a somewhat heavy stage in terms of content, but one of the most didactic for sure!

Assuming that everything has been done successfully, we can finally do what we like best: create the game. (And if we don't, we will have to analyze everything that has failed and redesign the project)


The production (estimated time: 1 year)


once we have the team we will think very well with everything we are going to do, review all the design, plan times etc ... We can calmly spend a third of the year here, but without dedicating the necessary time it's impossible to have a quality product.


And then it will work hard! But as a lover of video games and designing my own ... it will definitely be my favourite stage!
Also, don't doubt that I will keep you informed, everything I will learn will show you, it's a promise!


Intermediate phase: trial period


Once we have the first version of the game will play tests and tests; The alpha (Code complete) and the Beta (Content complete).


Post-production (> 3 months)


From what I have read, the minimum this can last 3 months, but probably more.

We will have to contact publishers, companies and others to release it on the best site. In addition, we will also have to do marketing and good publicity.

Once we have Tempus launched, we will plan a maintenance and feedback season. But we will have achieved it! we will have made our first video game starting from scratch. Aren't you excited?






Summary



Preproduction.................................................................................. 6-10 months

Crowdfunding ...................................................................................... 3 months

Production................................................................................................... 1 year

Test stage ........................................................................................................... (-)

Post-production .................................................................................. 3 months



Estimated total time: 2-3 years



Fun fact: Did you know ...?

 The fact that the enemies of Space Invaders accelerated was a bug that liked and remained.

Comments